Just because we switched to the Paleo diet, doesn’t mean we have to give up Taco Tuesdays! We just have to switch it up a bit to fit the diet…This is a quick and easy meal that we eat almost weekly.
Paleo Beef Tacos
Servings: 6 | Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef (or your meat of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of ghee (or fat of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder (more if you want a kick)
- butter or green lettuce, washed and separated
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped (I used heirloom tomatoes)
- 2 small avocados, pitted and cubed
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan.
- While the ghee is melting, mix together the spices together in a small bowl.
- Start to brown ground beef .
- Mix spices with the ground beef while it is cooking. Add more according to your taste.
- While meat is cooking, prep and chop veggies for toppings.
- Once meat is done cooking, prepare your “tacos” using the lettuce leaves and ground beef (see picture).
Other Possible Toppings:
- salsa or pico-de-gallo
- chopped bell peppers
- chopped carrots
- sliced mushrooms
- possibilities are endless…
We love this super simple recipe that we can just quickly throw together. My son even enjoys these new tacos 🙂 and we don’t really miss the tortillas too much.