My son LOVES kale chips. It’s a good thing these are so simple to make! You will be HOOKED after you try them for the first time. My son asks for them every time he sees kale on sale at the grocery store.
If you want to try to make your own kale chips, you’re in luck….Organic Kale is on sale this week at Ralph’s stores for $0.99 each this week! Make sure you head on down and pick some up! Kale is now one of my vegetables. It is rich in nutrients and vitamins, like beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, and calcium.
Other ways you can use kale:
Below is my recipe for Baked Kale Chips.
Baked Kale Chips
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Servings: 6 (approx….although my son has been known to eat the entire batch on his own 🙂
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional – we love garlic, so I added this to the mix)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a non-insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife, kitchen shears, or just your hands carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. (Great for the kids to help out! My son handles this job using his hands.)
- Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner.
- Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, about 10-15 minutes depending on your oven.
- Wait until they cool down a bit…if you can 🙂 and enjoy. One time my son finished half of the kale chips off the cookie sheet before I could take them off!
- Store in an air-tight container for about 2-3 days…if they even last that long.
For more recipes, download the Kindle version of Kale Recipes: Delicious Recipes Using This Superfood To Keep The Whole Family Healthy! (The Simple Recipe Series) for FREE for a limited time. 🙂
No Kindle? No worries – download the FREE Kindle Reading App to read on your desktop, tablet or smartphone. 🙂
How do you use Kale? Please share….I’m always in the mood for more tasty recipes to use this wonderful vegetable!