During the school year, my family is known to just grab a bowl of cereal and eat it…without milk. I know, I know…not very “healthy”. I convinced myself that it was ok since the cereal wasn’t filled with sugar and at least organic. Well, with our new dietary changes to the Paleo diet…our breakfast meals had to change.
I figured summer would be the best time to “test” out new recipes since there was more time in our schedules. My son is currently in Baseball Camp which means we have an earlier than usual start time compared to his school schedule. So in order to ease the morning prep time….I decided to make these yummy Egg Bacon Avocado cups for this week’s breakfast meals.
I originally found the recipe on SCD foodies. My family LOVES bacon so I thought it would be great to try something else besides just frying it up! Plus, the Egg Bacon Avocado cups, are super easy to take-on-the-go. Super easy to make and prep. My son gobbles up one cup in no time…we usually have two. Doesn’t it look delicious? I used avocado instead of broccoli, since that was what I had on hand.
Try it out for yourself!
Paleo Egg Bacon Avocado cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 6 medium slices organic bacon
- 4 organic large eggs
- 2 small avocados, pitted & cubed
- pinch salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a muffin pan, grease with a little organic butter and then line the cups with one slice of bacon. Start by covering the bottom first and then around the sides.
- Put one or two cubes of avocado in each cup.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour eggs into each cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Scoop out cups & Enjoy!
You can freeze the cups if you wish for an easy quick breakfast later on. So what do you think? Please let us know how you customized this recipe to fit your tastes!